WHAT IS A DOULA?
Helping families feel relaxed and confident is the role of a doula, a labour support professional who attends to a woman and her partner during birth. Trained in childbirth your doula will help you navigate the uncertainties, explore your options, and bring a sense of calm to your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period.
I believe that birth matters and support is not a luxury. An ideal pregnancy and birth impacts the family in a profound way, while providing the newborn with a strong foundation upon which a healthy life unfolds. The experience of giving birth and the ability to parent with love and confidence create a stronger family bond. Having a doula benefits all family members.
YOUR BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Two prenatal visits, discussing your wishes for labour, and comfort techniques.
- 24/7 on-call support from the moment of contract signing to ask questions and get the support you desire.
- Continuous labour support until baby is in your arms and you're ready to rest.
- Three weeks of postpartum follow up to ensure your transition to parenthood is as peaceful and seamless as possible.
- One postpartum visit. If you require more support additional visits can be arranged.
- A birth story with photos as a keepsake of your child’s birth day.
You have the opportunity to watch your love, passion and confidence get reflected in the smile of your own little “birth beginning” for years to come. I look forward to helping you realize and embrace the wonderful connection between you, your child and your family, through a comfortable, informed birthing experience.
Want to learn more, here are common questions I get asked as a doula.
Have a question or to set up your complimentary consultation to learn more about the incredible labour support you'll
receive by choosing Birth Beginnings.